The History of SJC Library begins from its origin in 1878. The SJC Library for the most part takes into account the requirements of the students and staff of the College. The Library was significantly expanded by the liberal blessing from Bishop Western’s Library in 1939. Another enhancement was made in 1946. Daniel Thomas, a graduated class of SJC, exhibited more than one thousand significant books from his own accumulation to the library. In 1960, the new library structures were built with the heavenly give from the UGC’s aid of One Lakh rupee. The present Accession Register was introduced that year. The Library can suit in excess of 180 students at any given moment. It is furnished with wide band Internet likewise Open Access System is being pursued.
Nonstop reconnaissance is made through the CCTVs were introduced. Notwithstanding the very much loaded Library, every division of College has a different office library to encourage simple access to the employees, students and researchers. Book show is directed each year for the advantages of students and staff members. The particular component of the library is that it is viewed as a division of scholastic help administrations. The accentuation of the library is on the expanded of its possessions. The library has a group of five staff members to give library administration to the students.
- Dr. A Joshua Kirubaharan, Ph.D
- J. Malkija M.C.A.,
- A. Vijaya Kumar M.B.A.,
- Closed Circuit TV Camera Facility Available.
- Users’ suggestion box available.
- Separate reading rooms for Boys and Girls
- Separate servers available for Library Automation and Internet.
- Fire Extinguisher facility available
- Model Question Papers for Reference
- Digital Library Unit
- Internet Facility