Reduced and Reuse of renewable resources by Recycling to conserve the environment.
A group of highly motivated individuals with honesty, integrity and unconditional passion towards improving the campus environment as well as contributing various programmes and services for the healthy and eco – friendly environmental committee.
These team of students are actively participating in creating “Clean John’s Campus”.
• Creating awareness of personal hygiene.
• Keeping potted plants to beatify the college campus.
• Recycling of organic waste in composting pits.
“Clean John’s Campus” is being done.
• Cleaned the sericulture laboratory area.
• Cleaned chapel area.
• Role in campus beautification.
• Individual counseling for the needy students.
• To construct drainage pits for saving water.
• To install “Incinerator” for eco-friendly disposal of sanitary napkins.
• For waste disposal – to keep separate bins for organic waste, degradable and non- degradable waste.
• Awareness campaigns are to be conducted regarding plastic usage inside the campus.
The chair person-principal, along with the co-ordinator – Dr. Ezhilmathi Sophia & Assistant co-ordinator Prof. Paul David Selson initiated and motivated the students volunteers to plan and execute the action to create “clean John’s” in an eco-friendly manner.
The self motivated and encouraged students were involved to create eco-friendly “Clean John’s” campus.
• To reduce the use of polythene & plastic bags/ products.
• To construct drainage pits to save water.
• To install vermin-compost pit to recycle the waste.
• To give projects related to save environment eco- friendly.
• To plant trees for beautification.
• Naming the plants in the Johns campus.
• Encouraging each department to beautify their departments with plants.
• Introducing separate dust bins for degradable and non degradable wastes.
• To post pamphlets or quotes in campus
Done with Eco club of St. John’s College.
• Personal counseling was given to keep the campus clean.
• Personal hygienic and its importance were given for girls students.
• Personal counseling for smokers.
Dr. Ezhilmathi Sophia (Dept of Zoology)
Coordinator, Environmental Club
ASSISTANT CO – ORTINATOR
Prof. Paul David Selson
Asst. Prof of Botany
ADVISORY BORAD MEMBERS
2014 – 2015 – Dr. Rajakumari, Asst. Prof of Zoology
2015 – 2016 – Dr. Rajakumari, Asst. Prof of Zoology,
Prof. Nithya Agnes, Asst. Prof of Physics.
2016 – 2017 – Dr. Rajakumari, Asst. Prof of Zoology,
Prof. Jansi, Asst. Prof of Zoology.
2014 – 2015 – Ramalakshmi, II M.Sc Zoology.
2015 – 2016 – Pooja II M.Sc Zoology
2016 – 2017 – J. Priyadharshini, I M.Sc Zoology
V. Muthumari, I M.Sc Zoology
K.M. Shankara Subramanian, I B.Sc