The UG Department of Chemistry came into existence in 1945 at the intermediate level; Prof. M.V. John was the head of the department. B.Sc. degree course was introduced in 1957 and the first Head of the department was Prof. D.J. Sathiyanathan, and the Golden Jubilee of our department was celebrated during the academic year 2006 – 2007.
The Department has been guided by competent, honest, selfless and committed heads in the following order, Prof.D.J.Sathianathan, Prof.T.Thirumalai, Prof.S.Sivasubramanian, Prof.M.WalkerJothi, Dr.S.Theodore David and Dr.D.Seenikumar. At present,Prof.P.Muthuselvan is the head of the U.G Chemistry department.
- Department Library
- Well Equipped Spacious & Separate Lab for U.G & P.G
- UV Spectrophotometer Lab
|B.Sc. Chemistry||Ph.D. Chemistry|
|1||Dr.P.Muthuselvan,M.Sc.,M.Ed.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.||Associate Professor & Head|
|2||Mrs.T.P.Evangelin Maribah,M.Sc.,SLET||Assistant Professor|
|3||Dr.P.Rajesh Ananthaselvan,M.Sc.,M.E.,NET.||Assistant Professor / Bursar|
|4||Mrs.J.Betsy Rathnabai,M.Sc.,M.Ed.,M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor|
|5||Mrs.S.Hilda Mabel,M.Sc.,M.Ed.,M.Phil.,||Assistant Professor|
|6||Dr.J.Winfred Jebaraj,M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.||Assistant Professor|
|7||Mr.D.Jim Livingston,M.Sc.,M.Phil.,SET.,||Assistant Professor|